OmgUp! - Have you been needing new fine art for your dividers? Do you ever become weary of gazing at similar old notices and pictures of things that you don't care for any longer? On the off chance that you are, at that point continue perusing this article to discover how you can pick incredible work of art for your room that you'll need to keep around for a spell.
|Image Source - wikimedia.org|
Part 1 - Choosing the artwork
- Choose artwork with cool colors. Two examples of cool colors are blue and green. Warm colors such as red, yellow and orange should be saved for rooms where you want a more inviting atmosphere, such as your living room.
- Make sure the artwork is simple. Pictures of flowers and other landscapes are good choices. Your bedroom should be calm and peaceful, and you're most likely going to look at this artwork while you're going to sleep.
- Consider your values. For example, some people would rather not have a gory piece of artwork in their room, and some would. What you choose is really dependent on what you think is best for your room. Artwork can be a very personal thing, so buy something that makes you feel peaceful and relaxed, and that you like.
- Consider the atmosphere, size, and lighting in your room. For example, if your room is very dark, then you may or may not want artwork that is very dark color in your room.
- Take note of the colors of certain things in your room, such as your bedspread and carpet. Once you take note of this, try and find artwork that contrasts with the colors of the things that are in your room.
- Decide which medium you prefer. When most people think of artwork, they think of pictures, posters, and paintings. However, things like mini sculptures and even curtains could be good artwork examples too.
Part 2 Considering Other Things in Your Room
Sometimes, you may not think about it, but other things in your room can be considered artwork as well.
- Clean your bedroom. A cleanroom can also help evoke a peaceful, relaxing mood, and although you may not think about it, if it is clean enough, it can be considered artwork itself.
- Consider adding a few accents. Accents can help with the mood in a bedroom as well, choose items such as a vase, as well as a plant to go inside it. As with the artwork, avoid getting the vase in a bright color, as your bedroom is a place for you to sleep in.
- Have a style in your room for the furniture. Whether it is shabby chic, or modern, your room is where you can be you. So, choose a style for your room that reflects who you are.
- Consider repainting your bedroom walls. As with the artwork, try to repaint your walls a cool color that you really like. If you go to the store, there are often a ton of choices, so you won't be too limited when deciding.
- Have a floor that contrasts with the rest of your room. Usually, although it may stain, plain white is a good option, but pick a color that you like and that contrasts with the rest of your room.